What We Do
The Human Services Alliance of Contra Costa consists of executives of more than 20 member agencies providing a broad range of critical services to residents of Contra Costa. We work in partnership with county government and community stakeholders to collaboratively design and implement effective service strategies and improve the integration of our members’ activities across the county system. The Alliance:
- Provides leadership to the health and human services sector
- Frames and leads discussions about public policy and best practices
- Advances innovative approaches to improve Contra Costa’s delivery system for care
- Advocates for adequate funding necessary to support a healthy ecosystem of service providers
- Cultivates partnerships with public, private, community-based, and philanthropic-sector stakeholders concerned with the welfare of Contra Costa’s most vulnerable populations including: children, youth, families, immigrants, alcohol or drug dependent, seniors, the homeless, low-income communities, the LGBTQI2-S community, the formerly incarcerated, and victims of domestic violence
- Meets regularly with staff of various County departments to cultivate a collaborative approach to policy implementation
- Sponsors educational events and community forums
- Develops research and resources to support our members and the community as a whole
- Provides expertise and peer support to members.
Recent Accomplishments and Initiatives
- The Healthy Kids, Strong Schools, Safe Communities Initiative advocated to expand funding for preventive children’s mental health. The campaign helped to secure:
- An additional $4 million in funding for Katie A and mobile response crisis services.
- Two consecutive 3% annual increases in EPSDT reimbursement rates, following 12 years of no increases in Contra Costa.
- The Alliance initiated the formation of the Contra Costa Budget Justice Coalition, a broad-based coalition of human service organizations, and community organizing and social justice groups. The Coalition advocates for budget priorities that reflect the needs of the under-served and for greater transparency in the budgeting process.
Rubicon Programs serves as the fiscal sponsor of the Alliance.