Contra Costa Interfaith Housing (CCIH) is seeking a Case Manager (CM) to provide vital support services, to families living at an apartment complex in Concord. Support services will include information and referral, coordination, and implementation of health, educational, employment and parenting services to support residents’ highest level of self-sufficiency and health. The CM will work with a youth enrichment coordinator to serve the needs of families living at the apartment complex. The CM will also help plan and oversee social/educational activities at these sites, attend community meetings, and form collaborative relationships with service providers in Central Contra Costa County.
Applicants with case management experience working with low-income families who have multiple challenges, familiarity with Contra Costa resources and communities, and competency working with culturally diverse populations are encouraged to apply. Bi-lingual in English and Spanish required.
CCIH is a vibrant and socially responsive non-profit agency which provides permanent housing and vital support services to approximately 1,000 people in Contra Costa County who are homeless or are at-risk for homelessness. Over 35 faith-based communities support our work, although there are no religious requirements or affiliations required to receive services.
This will be a 40 hour per week, hourly position; some evening and weekend hours may be required.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Maintain well-defined linkages and working relationships with service providers in the Contra Costa County area that assist residents. Essential services include but are not limited to:
- Health care (including HIV/AIDS services),
- Education and employment development,
- Children’s services such as after school programs, tutoring, child care, medical and mental health resources,
- Housing retention services
- Child and family support services including educational, recreational, financial, employment, medical and mental health resources.
- Alcohol and other drug addiction prevention services
- Food Resources
2. Work closely with the service team and with John Stewart property management to support residents to overcome issues that may place them at risk for eviction. These issues may be related to:
- behavioral issues,
- financial problems, or
- various challenges that affect the resident’s ability to abide by their lease agreement/rules of tenancy.
3. Develop tenant engagement and community development strategies, in conjunction with the service team, that encourage tenants to take advantage of services and programs available to them.
4. Provide case management services to residents in need. Case management services include:
· intake assessment, including need specific goals
· service coordination,
· support, and
· advocacy as needed.
5. Provide an information and referral service for residents in need of special services with follow-up to ensure that access to those services was achieved.
6. Maintain tenant files and documentation in accordance to CCIH policies and procedures.
7. In collaboration with the Director of Outreach, the Family Services Manager, and the Youth Enrichment Coordinator, provide on-site educational forums and activities for the residents, as agreed upon by the service team.
8. In collaboration with the Youth Enrichment Coordinator, developa coordinated approach to addressing the needs of families and youth that are on your case load.
9. Provide timely reports to Resources for Community Development (RCD) per the request of RCD Director of Resident Services.
10. Supervise volunteers as needed. .
11. Represent CCIH at service related meetings as directed by the CCIH Executive Director and the Family Services Manager..
12. Ensure the highest degree of professionalism and quality practice in rendering services to tenants served by CCIH. This includes quality assurance evaluation, action plans, and expansion of services as deemed appropriate to meet tenant needs.
13. Assist the outreach and development team with community outreach and fundraising for support services.
14. All other appropriate duties as needed and determined by the service teams and Family Services Manager..
· Bilingual: English and Spanish
· Bachelor’s degree in social service field or comparable work experience.
· At least 2 years’ experience working with high risk families.
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
· Computer proficiency in the use of Microsoft, and database applications.
· Ability to walk up and down stairs and up to ½ mile at any one time.
· Ability to sit for up to 2 hours without a break.
· Ability to perform repetitive movements, such as typing and filing, and use of commonly used office machines and supplies.
· Ability to lift and move up to 25 pounds.
· Ability to speak on the telephone for up to 3 hours
Must have an operational vehicle, auto insurance, and valid driver’s license.
Salary is contingent upon skill and experience. This position offers health care insurance and generous paid time off benefits.
Contra Costa Interfaith Housing does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religious creed, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, marital status, disability, medical condition, or sexual orientation. Minorities/Consumers/Ex-Consumers are encouraged to apply.
CCIH believes in and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Please do not call – only information submitted by email will be considered. Email resume and cover letter (with “Lakeside Case Manager” in the email subject heading) to firstname.lastname@example.org