Scattered Site Supportive Housing Program
Contra Costa Interfaith Housing
Contra Costa Interfaith Housing (CCIH) is seeking a Property Manager to provide comprehensive property management services to residents placed in scattered site housing across Contra Costa County. CCIH is a vibrant and socially responsive non-profit agency which provides permanent housing and vital support services to approximately 800 people in Contra Costa County who are homeless or are at-risk for homelessness. Over 35 faith-based communities support our work, although there are no religious requirements or affiliations required to receive services.
The SSSHP Property Manager manages and tracks all new property acquisitions from start to finish, maintains all property contractual obligations, assists in the development of grants and proposals, and manages all related HUD activities. The SSSHP Property Manager also provides back-up assistance to the Families in Supportive Housing (FISH) Property Manager.
This is a ¾ time to full-time, non-exempt position; some evening and weekend hours may be required.
1. Calculate resident rents and update per HUD requirements.
2. Manage resident complaints and payment issues.
3. Ensure timely and high quality maintenance of all SSSHP units.
4. Collaborate closely with SSSHP service team to support residents to overcome issues that may place them at risk for eviction, including but not limited to: behavioral issues, mental health problems or physical limitations that affect their ability to abide by lease agreements/rules of residency.
5. Encourage residents to take advantage of services and programs available to them.
6. Conduct resident re-certifications and prepare verification paperwork as needed.
7. Meet with property owners to develop and complete new leases.
8. Maintain contact with all property owners providing housing for program.
9. Procure janitorial, general contractor, trade and landscape professionals to complete necessary maintenance/monthly service and/or construction/repair/rehabilitation jobs in a timely manner.
10. Maintain contact with all housing applicants and work collaboratively with the Director of Operations and direct service staff to manage the assessment and intake process for housing applicants.
11. Maintain familiarity with entire resident caseload of Scattered Site Supportive Housing Program, as well as with resident caseload of FISH Program.
12. Manage budgets/contracts and coordinate reimbursements of authorized expenditures. Maintain awareness of separate budget timelines and requirements for each program funding source.
13. Work with Controller and Director of Operations on management of grant funds received for projects and oversee the spending down of funds.
14. Assist with the preparation of proposals and grant applications.
15. Assist in completion of HUD monthly financial reports, billings and correspondence.
16. Update Controller on financial matters regarding monies received and to be spent for maintenance, repair/rehabilitation, insurance claims and reports as needed.
17. Maintain knowledge of and compliance with HUD regulations.
18. Attend all required meetings, including but not limited to: CCIH staff meetings, Scattered Site Supportive Housing Team meetings, consumer case conferences, and linkage meetings with other agencies.
19. Attend program development meetings with Director of Operations.
20. Interface and integrate efficiently with CCIH management, service providers, and residents.
21. Represent CCIH in a professional manner in all circumstances.
22. Maintain awareness of culturally diverse consumer populations and perform duties in a culturally competent manner.
23. On-call, after hours, and backup work may be required.
24. Assure compliance with policies, procedures, standards of practice, and outcome requirements for the Scattered Site Supportive Housing Program as well as local, state and federal regulations pertaining to resident rights.
25. Assure compliance with all legal/ethical professional guidelines for maintaining consumer confidentiality, protecting consumer rights, advocating on consumers’ behalf, and assuring consumer safety.
26. Assure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations as well as with CCIH Policies and Procedures.
27. Complete required personnel-related paperwork and complete expenditure reports for food supplies, petty cash expenses and/or mileage in a timely and accurate manner.
28. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The SSSH Program Property Manager will have an AA or AS degree in Business or field applicable to property management and/or minimum 2 years’ experience in property management. Must have demonstrated knowledge of property management including tenant certifications. Experience working with low-income, homeless and at-risk individuals preferred. Must have HUD Certified Professional Occupancy Certification and/or strong experience working with HUD-funded properties. Willingness to work flexible hours, excellent communication and time management skills are required. Bi-lingual in English/Spanish a plus.
· Ability to walk up and down stairs and up to ½ mile at any one time.
· Ability to sit for up to 2 hours without a break.
· Ability to perform repetitive movements, such as typing and filing, and use of commonly used office machines and supplies.
· Ability to lift and move up to 25 pounds.
· Ability to speak on the telephone for up to 3 hours
· Ability to drive an automobile and transport oneself between meetings, including driving at night.
· Must pass LiveScan screening and TB test.
Salary is contingent upon skill and experience. This position offers health care insurance and generous paid time off benefits.
Contra Costa Interfaith Housing does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religious creed, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, marital status, disability, medical condition, or sexual orientation. CCIH believes in and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Please do not call – only applications submitted online (SmartRecruiters) or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) will be considered.