Director of Residential Services
This is a newly created position designed to meet the needs of a dynamic and changing environment for providers of residential services.
ABOUT YOUTH HOMES
Established in 1965 as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, Youth Homes has operated continuously in Contra Costa County for over 50 years, serving the needs of abused and neglected children and adolescents in California's San Francisco Bay Area. Our Mission is to provide a safe place for foster youth to heal and grow. Our Vision is a world where former foster kids lead healthy, productive and whole lives. Youth Homes programs serve over 600 children and family members each year providing residential and mental health services through varied and growing programs. They include but are not limited four treatment homes, therapeutic behavior services, intensive treatment foster care, aftercare, and other community based services for transition age youth and young adults.
In 2014, Youth Homes was proud to achieve national Accreditation through COA (Council on Accreditation), highlighting a continued commitment to providing high quality services and programs. The Agency is also honored to have been named one of the Top 100 Places to Work in the Bay Area several years in a row!
Do you have?
- Have a knack for building strong and diverse teams
- Able to break down silos and enjoy developing centralized processes
- Understand the balance of the clinical and non-clinical components of residential treatment - promoting a "win-win" model for problem solving
- Believe in resiliency and positive outcomes for youth
- Enjoy being both a hands-on and visionary leader
- Have a strong residential and/or clinical background
- Are solution focused and willing to work in a challenging, high energy, yet fun environment
Do you meet these requirements??
- Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, or related field, from accredited university or college. Master degree preferred with clinical experience
- Minimum 7 years of experience in working with children and families, clinical experience is preferred
- Minimum 3 years of increasing supervisory and administrative responsibility and/or extensive experience in children services
- STRTP Administrator Certification (must have ability to acquire within 90 days of holding position)
- Individuals with experience in the clinical field, and knowledge to compensate for lack of an advanced degree or post-graduate experience, will be considered
- Possess a CA driver’s license, with no restrictions
- Must have strong computer skills with knowledge of Outlook, Microsoft Office software (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel). Experience with Electronic Health Records is desired
And most importantly, are you:
- A collaborative, team player with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter describing their qualifications and interest in the position to email@example.com. No calls please.