From First 5 Contra Costa
Immigrant families need our support now more than ever. It’s time to mobilize, work together, and advocate for young children and families in Contra Costa County. Join us at an upcoming forum to take action on new immigration policies.
The forum will take place on April 20, 2017 from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in Concord. National and local experts and advocates will provide information on:
- New immigration policies and their impact on local families.
- The history of discriminatory immigration policies to stereotype, scapegoat and criminalize people of color.
- Research about the impact of trauma on young children’s development and how caring adults can ease children’s fears.
- Practical tips and resources such as legal services and sample family preparedness plans.
- Updates on sanctuary policies, rapid response efforts, and advocacy opportunities in Contra Costa.
- Concrete ways you and your organization can advocate for just immigration policies and serve families more effectively.
Information about the forum, including how to register, will be posted here next week.
For helpful resources, practical tools, and reliable information to help immigrant families, click here.